Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Say Yes"

It's Wednesday, ladies and gentlemen!
I know that because I had to take out the garbage this morning. And after taking out the garbage, I need a little pick me up--like good music.

I am particularly fond of this song. I'm interested into looking into the band more because of it. 


The Theater Fire 

"Say Yes" is an instrumental cover by The Theater Fire (it was originally done by Elliott Smith--he said [according to wikipedia] that he wrote this song about someone in particular, which he almost never did). Wikipedia didn't even have anything on the band (whaaaaaaaaaaaat?! How could you fail me, wiki??), so I had to google them. Fortunately, they have a pretty cool website where I learned that they started up in 1995. "The Theater Fire have a knack for spinning yarns about drifters, hangmen, brothers, and lovers grappling with their own honor, trust, guilt, and loss. These tales are woven together by arrangements that include weeping pedal steel and violin, strains of accordian, mandolin and xylophone, plucked banjo and guitar, sorrowful brass and the clip-clop of found percussion. The songs combine influences as diverse as zydeco, bluegrass, mariachi, country, gospel and rock and roll - yet somehow remain  unmistakably The Theater Fire" (theaterfire.com). 



Check out the original "Say Yes" as well. It's such a nice song.


Also, allow me a nerdy moment. Remember how I did that Zelda bookmark cross stitch? Did I mention that I love nerds because they share things? Well, I do, especially now that I've discovered on zeldadungeon.net (one of the best Zelda websites I've found, btw. If you ever need a walkthrough, that's my go-to place) that they provide free links to the soundtracks. Yep, you read that correctly--I am now the very elated owner of six complete Zelda soundtracks (plus Ocarina of Time orchestrated and all the sound effects you could ever wish for). Scott will tell you I was pretty much freaking out the two days I spent downloading all of the music. I just got the soundtracks for the games I've played (meaning I left out the handheld systems games). Guess what I wake up to now? 

Just don't pay attention to the first 10 seconds and the Goron song. The middle part is my alarm.

I've never been so happy to wake up. It's been one of the funnest things to listen to the soundtracks...it's like playing the game...when you're NOT playing!!! :D  Seriously. Sometimes it kinda freaks me out though, when a boss song comes on or something. It makes me nervous. :/  

It was the highlight of my life, finding those soundtracks. Thank you for allow me a few moments of terrible nerdiness. I enjoyed it.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy your nerdiness.
    And your owl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll say yes!! Haha. Nerdiness isn't terrible! Don't say that! It's marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are truly memoriable family pictures you will all look back on and laugh at how silly and comical you guys were be sure and hang on to those memories each one is precious!

    ReplyDelete