Monday, March 12, 2012

1st Warm Day of Summer

**beware**PICTURE**OVERLOAD**

Last weekend was a fabulous one! We had Flat Stanley, and it was the first warm day of the year! There was even sunshine. Mah-veh-lus!! Scott and I decided to go for a walk out by the falls, following the train tracks in front of the library.

Best idea ever, right? Yeah! Unfortunately, Scott and I weren't the only ones with the brilliant thought. There were old couples, an engaged couple getting engagement pictures, skateboarders, and several makey-outy couples that also came up with the best idea ever. Nonetheless, it was still a really fabulous Saturday.

After Scott worked for a couple of hours, the mail came. And guess what I got...?!




K I gotta tell you. I looked in the mail box and I saw the big white envelope and was like...OHMIGOSH!! Super excited, right? But it was all folded over (looked like an "s", really) and just thought, "Oh NO my mailman didn't!!" Alas...he did. He folded up my teaching certificate. I seriously stood on my porch and shook my fist at him. If you look carefully, you can see bent corners. I teared up a little. Anyways, I was just glad that the tear on the envelope didn't go all the way through to my certificate.






My happy dance
I told Emily that I was going to fill out my application with her, and I didn't. I am ashamed. : (  When I saw there were a couple of job positions available, I had a freak out and just did it. Buuuuuuut I still wanna skype and I'll help her do it!! It was actually way easier than I was expecting it to be.

So it was after this happy occasion that we went out to the library (where I got In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. I have this kind of morbid curiosity inside of me that's just dying to read it). Anyways, I also wanted to show off my cute (well, I think it is...looking at the pictures I'm like, hm, maybe not as cute as I thought, but it'll do) outfit. I've had this dress since last summer. Laurie bought it for me for my birthday/student teaching. I knew it had potential, but I couldn't wear it by itself...it was just too bland. And I didn't know what to add to it! I kept thinking, if only I had navy blue tights...anyways, I found this old shirt that I never wear anymore and decided to make upcycle it into a cardigan. I want to shorten it still, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Next time I wouldn't wear these red shoes...I'd wear my more subdued red flats. And I love love love the belt! I found on Pinterest (where have you been my whole life?!?) a tutorial for several belt knots. You can bet your bottom dollar the next time I'm at DI I'm going to be looking for long belts. 

Here is a documentation of our first spring Saturday outing. : )




Because I told Tasha next time I was on railroad tracks, I'd be a damsel in distress.



Scott made me do this. For McKenzie!







~The End~

2 comments:

  1. I love damsels in distress!!!
    I LOVED the outfit.
    Loved. And I thought those red shoes looked tres presh. But you know, whatever you think. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this entry the day you wrote it, and sent out my application and everything the next. ;) Don't worry! No big deal! haha. CONGRATS to getting certified! Yay for happy dance! We DO need to Skype though! I love all of your pics! Did you just get random people to take the photos of you and Scott? They turned out great! Oh, and I LOVE your belt knot!

    ReplyDelete