Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mil's Top 10 of '11

Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. I have to rant a little about how NOT good I am at all this "blogger" stuff. I just don't GET IT. I try to follow the tutorials, but mine always looks crappier than the cute display ones. aklsjfklasflaksjf! I know it looks weird but I am so frustrated that I'm going to leave it like this. Blogspot can jump in a lake.

K.

I'm good.

Another year gone, and it's time to reminisce about my favorite songs from 2011.

I'm just a dork that loves music.

It's just fun for me to go through my iTunes and see which songs I listened to most. :)

I could have listed way more than 10 (especially since I just looooooooooooooooove some of these artists and they alone could have made a top 10 list), but these are the songs that made the cut.



Barry Louis Polisar-- "All I want is You"
Super cute. <3 Juno. I thought this animation was just adorable. 
My sisters also made a totally rockin' video to this song. Check it out!
teethyme.blogspot.com
"If you were a wink, I'd be a nod. If you were a seed, well I'd be a pod..."


Two Door Cinema Club-- "Something Good Can Work"
Such a feel-good song. I love to turn it up really loud and just jam.
"Let's make this happen girl, you gonna show the world that something good can work and it can work for you..."


Florence + The Machine-- "Dog Days are Over"
I found this song through Pandora and thought it was interesting. When I saw the music video was on sale at iTunes for $1.99, I just went for it. 
The more I listen to it, the more I love it.
"Happiness hit her like a bullet in the back..."


Kina Grannis-- "In Your Arms"
This music video was one of the free iTunes "song of the week" things. I just think it's so cute!
I keep meaning to mention it to Emily T. because I think she'd like it, but I always forget.
And all those Jelly Bellys.... :D
"Follow me, we both know the way, it's always been the same..."


The Decemberists-- "This is Why We Fight"
You can never go wrong with The Decemberists. NEVER.
Scott's not much of a music person. Yeah, he likes it; this song's ok, that one's fine. He's more "meh" to everything. 
But The Decemberists.
Every time a song of theirs comes up on my iPod he's like, "Hey, I really like this song! Who is it??"
Every time, without fail (so far), it's been The Decemberists.
Listen to all of their music.
LOVE IT.
"We will die with our arms unbound..."


Mindy Gledhill-- "All the Pennies"
I <3 Mindy. Tee introduced me to her, and I've been in love ever since. I would like to be her. She's a musician that I would be totally comfortable with letting my children listen to all of her stuff.
I could have picked a few of her songs to go on here, but this one has rung true with me this year. We're poor.
We had a leaky shower. It ruined our downstairs bathroom, lol. The water warped the wood in the wall and the bathroom door, so we couldn't shut it.
Ah, being newlyweds...
"All the sun in California weather could not make me love you any better..."


Elizabeth & the Catapult-- "Go Away My Lover"
Tasha introduced me to this band. When I found this cd at Borders when it was closing (and the album was like, $3), I couldn't say no.
This one became an "insta-fave."
"Go away my lover, cut these tethers free..."


Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeros-- "Home"
Not my favorite recording, but you get to see how into it the band is. :)  
So fun. Another feel-good song. 
"Home is where ever I'm with you..."


Regina Spektor-- "The Calculation"
I just love the lyrics. Plus, it's Regina. 
'Nuff said.
"Hey this fire, it's burnin' us up..."


Adele-- "Rolling in the Deep"
My love for Adele will never end. She is so talented. And I love this music video. I just rock out to this song.
EmJ will forever be one of my favorite-est people for introducing me to Adele long before she was popular. :)
"We could have had it all..."


I really, really, really, REALLY love music. More than anything. It brings joy to my heart. :D



I also have to throw this out there--My Chemical Romance gets a few honorable mentions. I loved their new album Danger Days. I loved like, the first 5 songs. They're all so great. 

My Chemical Romance-- "The Only Hope for Me is You"
"Can I be the only hope for you? Because you're the only hope for me..."

2 comments:

  1. Oh my heck. I TOTALLY agree about the blog thing. Seriously.
    But I love the music. Love.
    Let's find even more great stuff this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to listen to all these songs! You and Tee are always musical inspiration. ;) I never seem to stumble onto anything new. :) Love it

    ReplyDelete