Sunday, January 29, 2012

Give Stuff a Second Chance...so that I may benefit!

Last Saturday was a big chore day for Scott and I. We took a bunch of old stuff to the dump and then spent most of the day at a car dealership haggling over the trade-in value of  the Vue. SCREW THEM! We like our Vue too much to trade in anyways. ;)

Scott was pretty depressed after the dealership. We decided to stop by the local DI. I LOVE DI.



We originally went in looking for some old curtains so I could make a divider of sorts, seperating the downstairs "bedroom" from the "food storage room" part. We couldn't find any matching sheets. :(

I was then disappointed a SECOND time when I saw one of the workers putting an SNES back into the glass case. No, that wasn't the disappointing part. Guess what else? It was $5. That's it. I was like...ISCH MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, I decided it probably wasn't worth it. It didn't come with any cables, so we couldn't plug it in. No power. No controllers. No games. Just the box. I told Scott we'd look online and see if we could find anything.

Scott then decided he wanted to go check out the yard stuff. However, to get to that section, we had to walk past the womens' shoes.

GOLDMINE!!!




I don't know if you can tell Sheen, but these are the gray tights you got me. :D

I was pretty excited. Like, freaking out excited. $4 each? Heck YES. Thank goodness I've been babysitting so I could pay for them myself, since Scott wasn't near as excited as he should have been. :P

We walked into the yard section, and what did Scott get excited about? 

...a rocking chair.

No, we're not pregnant (or even thinking about it yet), but he was pretty excited that it was only $10. I sat on it while he wandered around (looking for who knows what), and then my eyes fell on this beauty...




I think my smile and eyes were even bigger than that when I first saw my beloved Tenderheart. I seriously almost pee'd my pants. This was my teddy bear when I was little. Well, I felt like it was mine. I re-connected with it as a pre-teen when Care Bears were totally cool again and I could get t-shirts and things from Hot Topic. 
But when I saw this giant Care Bear of goodness I thought, could my daughter someday loved this bear like I did? yes. So I purchased it. Scott was just like, what the heck? I couldn't say no. This was the best day I'd had at DI in forever! I found two adorable pairs of shoes, and a giant Tenderheart. I was on cloud nine.

I kept getting weird looks in the checkout line, though. Psssssssssh. They just don't know the glory of Care Bears. Scott tried trading this older lady--the Care Bear for her belt. No way, man. Not  gonna happen.

They gave me Tender Heart for $4. :D  My life is complete.

Just in case you are now feeling a little reminiscent...





p.s. Guess what we found at the Dollar Store? (It's prolly my second favorite store.) Can you say random??


It's 97% accurate!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my heck, oh my heck, oh my heck.
    I loved EVERY second of this blog.
    I LOVE DI!
    I wish DI was my ringtone.

    Those shoes? Adorable.
    Tenderheart? Yes PLEASE.
    In one store?!
    WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR??


    p.s. care-cousins never got the attention they deserved.

    ReplyDelete