Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Game for Your Whole Brain

A few months ago, Scott and I were browsing through the boardgames at our local DI. When we saw Cranium, we totally jumped on that and bought it for like, two bucks. It was a sweeeeeeeeeet deal, since that's one of my FAVS.



When we got home and opened it up, we found out why it was DI'd...no game pieces, no timer, no clay...but the board and cards were there, so we called it good!


We used a bottle of glasses cleaner for our game piece. It was handy.
Last night we decided to do something different from our usual evening (Psych/Mad About You/Super Mario Bros Wii) and actually DO something together. Scott went to our boardgames and after I pretty much "no"d everything on the list, we decided to play Cranium.

SO MUCH FUN.


Sculptorade: gun

Scott's Sensosketch (drawing with your eyes closed): Can you tell what it is?

A flyswatter! :D

Emily's Cloodle (drawing, like Pictionary): Your hint is that it's a person.
Scott got it!

SPRING CHICKEN!!

p.s. I do feel bad about drawing over his flyswatter, lol.

Scott's Cloodle: Your hint is it's a person.

I got it from the face on the right. Not the left. He uh...got his artists confused. ;)

PICASSO!

Tee....who did the one on the left?? We couldn't remember.

Emily's sculptorade: Your hint is it's a thing.

I made a tent too so that Scott could tell it was a sleepingbag.

I actually got this card. HAH! ANY of my 6th graders could give you the right answer.


And the answer is....


Mrs. Nyborg told us about the Greek thing. Cool, huh? The word oxymoron is, itself, an oxymoron.

huh.

Emily's Cloodle: Your hint is it's a plant.
Scott was like, that's one curvacious woman for a plant...!

But then he totally got it.

Give me a break...I don't really know what poison ivy looks like! This was all I got.


Emily's cameo. Like charades.

Except I can't die a silent death.

...there's just no fun in that.


Scott's humdinger (hum or whistle the song). Forgive me. I don't know the words, but my first instinct is obviously to sing along instead of come up with the title.

Anyways, we had a lot of fun with Cranium. We ended up just going through the cards for hours. I should've recorded videos of Scott trying to do some gnilleps (spelling backwards without writing it down). He got a BUNCH of those...and they were all French words, lol. You all know how much Scott LOVES that French words always have several silent letters, right? Because it's so like German where everything is very phonetical. ;)  He finally got "gourmet" correct. Félicitations, Scottie! 

I love being married. I love having nights like this with Scott. We are so in love. <3

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever played Quelf? IT'S UH-MAY-ZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I LOVE it.
    And, I'm guessing that it's "The Scream" by Edvard Munch. ;)

    ReplyDelete