Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Well-Spent Friday Night

Last night, Scottie, Tee, and I got to go to the Mindy Gledhill concert on campus. It was the first concert I'd been to in...well, too long. It was so fun!

We started out the evening by leaving Scottie in line while Tee and I went out to snatch Mindy posters. I mean, the concert was starting in 30 minutes and was sold out, so it's not like the promoter posters were doing much in the vacated buildings. So, off we went to scope out the Spori, Snow, and Romney, and Clarke...




We "stole" four posters: one for each of us, of course, and then one for Beth and one for Emma. The first three were were stealthy thefts, but Tee like, right up and took one in front of a girl at the Clarke. No shame! hah. We ran back at 6:58 because they opened seating at 7:00. Thank goodness for Scottie...when we got back, the line was huge. We got pretty good seats in the middle...until people sat in front of us. *sighs* Why do girls have to have such big hair??

Anyways, the stage looked awesome. There were Christmas lights and hanging fabric and globes and umbrellas...it was pretty cool.



The announcer told us about Mindy's family and that she was expecting another boy, so we all knew she was pregnant, but we didn't know just how pregnant she was, lol.



Anyways, it didn't affect the performance at all. She did awesome! She came out singing "California," which is a very fun song. She was too cute.



She sang *I think* everything from her album "Anchor." She began every song with the stories that inspired them. Come to find out, she's really not a creepy stalker like the song "Crazy Love" may lead you to think. Anyways, it was fabulous, and she's a really great live performer.




So yeah. She was pretty dang cute. After the concert (she encored with Burt Bacharach's "Close toYou," which is one of my all-time favs) we went outside to make some purchases. Tee and I were gonna buy her sheet music for "Anchor" (my favorite song of hers) and then have her sign it....but there were SO MANY people I thought I was gonna die. I do not do very well in heavily-crowded areas that are too warm and smell like BO...I get feverish. :S  And that's exactly what happened. I really thought I was gonna be sick. So, sad as it was, we left without an autograph. Maybe Scottie and I will sneak to the Civic Center tonight in IF to try for an autograph. :)


1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!! :D
    Aw, man. That was SO much fun! She was so cute :)
    We definitely need to go to more concerts...

    ReplyDelete