Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Top 10 Songs of 2010

So I know 2010 is over and this may be a bit late, but I decided that a tribute to my favorite songs of 2010 was in order. I can't just NOT acknowledge the music that got me through the year. These are in no particular order, but they all are songs that I absolutely adore.

I feel like this song would be the perfect for the beginning of a movie. This is a fabulous cover and made the list because of the "happy-go-lucky" feeling it seems to give off. Every time I listen to it I decide to smile a little more. 
"I backed my car into a cop car the other day, and he drove off, sometimes life's ok..."

 

Ahhhhhhhhhh.....Ben Folds. Can't go wrong with him. This beautiful song was on my playlist for my wedding reception. It's a shame I forgot my iPod.
"And where was I before the day that I first saw your lovely face? Now I see it everyday, and I know..."

This song would have been the song Scott and I danced to if we would have had a dance. It makes me cry nearly every time I listen to it, but especially when my sisters and I sing it together before Sheena leaves. I can't even get through it.
"If a man could be two places at one time, I'd be with you. Tomorrow and today, beside you all the way..."


This song is definitely one of my new all-time favorites. It has officially made the list. I could listen to it over and over again. And every time I do, I turn it up really loud....
"A moment, a love, a dream, a laugh, a kiss, a cry, our rights, our wrongs..."


One of Tasha's and my new favorite duets. It may sound a little harsh at first, but I looooooooooove it. It's so fun to sing. It's another one you have to turn up way loud to enjoy properly. "


This song is just too cute to pass up. These two are married and I love it. It's definitely a feel-good song.
"Say what you will--love finds you even when you've given it up..."


Oh, Paulie Mac...we all love you. You're one of the greatest musicians of all time. You know, I didn't even know this song until "The Lake House." Ahhhh.
"Now I see this is the way is should be. This is the way it should be for lovers. They shouldn't go it alone..."


Don't see the movie, but listen to the music. This is a great cover of The Beatles, and one of my new favorite songs. Well I mean, the song's always been one of my favs, but this rendition...yeah. You get it.
"Close your eyes and I'll kiss you, tomorrow I'll miss you. Remember I'll always be true..."


This song makes me think of the circus. It's another feel good song, though the lyrics aren't necessarily so.
"I'm just so perfectly perfect, except when I'm not. I'm just so seemingly sunny, 'til things get to hot..."


Last but not least, The Decemberists. Though this song may not make sense out of context, it's melody and rhythms are catchy. I think that it's not just this song that deserves to be noted, but entire album. "The Hazards of Love" is a phenomenal rock opera that I listened to over and over again on the way to school.
"Mother, hear this proposition right, grant me freedom to enjoy this night. And I'll return to you at break of light, for the wanting comes in waves..."

Music. One of the reasons why I live. And I like to think that I have a pretty good taste in music, because I do. And if you have a good taste in music, you'll like mine.

1 comment:

  1. Three things:
    1. I LOVE that you have a blog now.
    2. I LOVE the name.
    3. I SUPER DUPER LOVE that you check my blog! I feel so special! haha

    ReplyDelete