Friday, December 28, 2012

Things I Love About Winter







I really, really dislike winter. The lack of sunlight and warmth really gets to me, so I often feel depressed and lazy during the cold months. I thrive throughout the summer with sandals and sunglasses and rolled-down car windows.

That being said, I don't think I could live without winter, either. I mean, there are some things that you simply cannot enjoy in the summer like you do in the winter. And here, my dear friends, is my list about my love affair with winter.

1. Hot Chocolate

Scott and I found these giant mugs (soup bowls, really) at DI. And we fill them with chocolate and then spend the next two hours drinking the warm and chocolatey goodness. My in-laws (bless them) bought us two cans of Morning Moo, which is about how many we go through per winter. I seriously drink almost a cup a day.

2. Holiday Movies







3. Winter Fashion


Sweaters.
Sweaters

loving this!
Pea Coats

Three layers. button down, stripes, and blazer
Layers

❤
Tights


4. CHRISTMAS!!

                                            

                   The music...the lights...the Christmas spirit...the food...it's all pretty fabulous. Plus, Christmas break. Yessssssssssssss.

Christmas crafts. This is the only major craft I attempted this year, but I'm a first year, and therefore I do not have an abundance of supplies. Next year, I'll do the snow globe and something else crafty. Anyways, these paper plate snow globes were pretty fun. :) We also did Santas, elves, and Christmas trees to hang in the hall. So fun. :)

                                                    



Alas, Christmas break is almost over, unfortunately. I miss my students like crazy, but it's nice to not have to grade papers every night. I still have a few more days. Scott and I are planning on seeing both Les Miserables and The Hobbit, so I'm stoked. Hurray for winter and all things that come with it!

1 comment:

  1. Uhg, Mil. You're so right.
    There are some really good things about winter.
    I want that sweater. ;)

    ReplyDelete